Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011 Christmas Cards


This year I decided to do two designs, both taking a little longer than expected but at least they are now done, here's hoping people actually receive them by Christmas day :)
The first one uses a technique called ribbon weaving, perfect for a wreath I think. You can see a tutorial here. I used 1.5 metres of Garden Green grosgrain ribbon for this one. I have used the glitter paper for the berries and an antique brad for the door handle. The door has been stamped using the Woodgrain background stamp. The sentiment comes from Curly Cute, I really love that set. The second one (inspired by this card) is a Big Shot overload - man I love that machine! I have used the tulips embossing folder for the outside, the tasteful trim die for the pattern piece at the bottom, the two tags die and the perfect pennants die with the welcome christmas stamp embossed with cherry cobbler. The sentiment comes from Snow Swirled. And finally I have punched a star from the red glitter paper. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicity, thank you so much for my Lovely chrissy card with the ribbon wreath.....It's so sweet. Now I'll have to check out the link to whip some up. Have a good Christmas Cheers Donna Zammit

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Both are so lovely, Felicity ... and I am sure the recipients were thrilled! Hugs xxx