Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stamp Club Projects (Early May)

This month's project was a HUGE HIT! My stamp club ladies are still talking about this session. At the start of the year I took a wish list of what they would like to do during the year and a OSW (one sheet wonder) was one of the topics so I went to work and created this collection. I must direct you to Clare Daly's page as she has a great FREE tutorial for this project. I didnt have the stamp set that she used so I improvised and used Fifth Avenue Floral and used Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Rose Red for the colour combo. I must admit I was really happy with how these turned out. The sheet actually would make approx. 8 cards but we made only 4 on the day. The technique was crayon resist. This technique is lots of fun. All you need is a A4 sheet of glossy white card and a cheap white crayon (crayola) a Stazon ink pad, some ink pads and some sponges. The first thing you do is stamp your images at random all over your glossy white card in Stazon ink trying not to leave too many blank spaces, then outline parts of your image with your white crayon. Next you sponge various colours over your stamped images then buff the whole cardstock with some paper towel to take off any ink from the crayon, this will make your outlines really 'POP'. Then simply cut up accordingly and assemble on your cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felicity these cards look awesome. What a great idea with the crayon. TFS Cheers Donna Zammit