Sunday, January 9, 2011

A gift for a friend


I have made one of these gorgeous little card holders before but decided to compliment it this time with two other items. All these projects are tutorials from other talented demonstrators which I will link to shortly. I was also reluctant to post this collection as it uses retired papers etc... Firstly I made the card holder which is a tutorial I purchased from the very creative Andrea Walford. You can see the tutorial here. Andrea puts together very detailed tutorials that are excellent and easy to follow. The only thing I changed was the clear sleeves to hold the cards as ours are a little larger, all I did was trim the tops off about a 1-2cm to fit in the holder and stuck them together using sticky strip. The next item was a little desk calendar with drawer. Inside the drawer is a post-it-note pad I found at Officeworks with a little butterfly on it which was perfect. The calendar was designed by the talented Nicole Stalker. You can see her video tutorial here. Finally I modified a chocolate block holder designed by Claire Daly, I made it larger to fit the bigger block. She has a free tutorial here. I have used a stamp set called Simple Friendship (one of my favs, unfortunately not available in Australia) and the retired Bella Bleu DSP. I have used, however, some of the new crochet ribbon on the choc block holder. I hope Denise likes her little gift.

No comments: