Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Black Magic


I can't believe how long it has taken me to post something new. Not that I want to make excuses but I have been flat out with my students preparing for exams, writing reports (who would be a teacher huh!) oh and am I allowed to have a holiday in there somewhere! Anyway I had to get my butt organised and work out what to do at stamp club on the weekend and this is what I came up with. It is a technique called black magic. Each month my stamp clubees (is this even a word - LOL) learn a new technique and make some cards using that technique. I found an idea for the tree card on SCS and then I wanted to use some of my new stamps for the other card and this is what I came up with. The swirl is from the gorgeous new set called Elements of Style. I always like to find ways to use my non-Christmas themed stamps for Christmas cards in a way they were not intended. The tree also comes from a non-christmas set called Lovely as a Tree. Anyway once I stamped the swirl on the card I decided to leave it as is and not colour it like the tree - I think the classic look looks just as effective. I am so in love with the new ribbon and the new sentiment set Curly Cute. Thanks for looking. Did you notice my new watermark?

No comments: