Friday, May 28, 2010

First Secret Sister Gift...


I thought I had better take some time to explain a little for those that may be unaware how this Secret Sister thing works. Basically I was allocated another Australian Demonstrator who is a member on our ESAD (Extremely Special Aussie Demos) site. She didnt know who I was and it was up to me to keep it that way until the last month. I was allocated to a different demo and she would do the same for me. The swap goes for 3 months. Each month we send out two cards plus a gift at the end of each month, usually things we have made and perhpas incorporating things on their profile. When we start we are given a profile of our secret sister so we know her likes and dislikes, hobbies, interests etc... so we can structure our cards and gifts to their tastes or requests. As this was my first time I was very nervous and did not know what to do or what to expect. Here is what I sent to Jane at the end of the first month. In her profile she said she likes Sudoku puzzles (me too) chocolate and cooking so I made these things a feature over the 3 months. In the first month I wanted to make things using the new items in the new Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue. I just love the autumn papers and colours. I recreated a top note box (click here for the tutorial) that I made for the earlier ESAD Blog Hop and placed some chocies (for Easter), and some embellishments (Jane likes these too) inside such as buttons, grommets and brads. I made a matching card with the new stamp set Autumn Days and covered a Sudoku book and decorated it with some rub-ons and a pen. I believe she really enjoyed it. You can check out her blog post from when she received it here. I will post what I sent the next month tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Leonie said...

Wow, your gifts are beautiful! This was my first time too, and I got to meet my sister that I sent to at convention, which was great, but I think my sister forgot about me, I still have not received my April gift or May cards and gift :( Still 3 days left in May so I will keep my fingers crossed!

Leonie said...

PS, do you have a tutorial or a link to one for that fabulous top note box, it is awesome!

Leonie said...

Yay! Thanks for the link, I cant wait to give it a go!

3 comments from me, I look like a stalker