Sunday, July 26, 2009

Faux Dry Embossing (show demo)





I worked at the Craft show in Melbourne today and on our stall we each had a turn at demonstrating something. I chose to do the faux dry embossing technique. Ever since I discovered this I have been trying all different types of stamps but I think these ones work really well. Unfortunately the photos just dont do them justice. A lot of people were walking past and thinking that they were really embossed - I love it :)
I chose the image from the Upsy Daisy Set for the card on the right and the branch stamp from Kindred Spirits for the one on the left. Can you spot something in the branches??? This techinique is super easy but so effective. All you need is some Whisper White Craft Ink and choose a dark colour cardstock and matching ink. You will also need a Stamp-a-majig for this technique. Simply stamp your image first in whisper white ink on your cardstock. Set aside to dry. Clean your stamp off then create a template for your image with your dark coloured ink on your stamp-a-majig. Layer this over your white stamped image and move the image sheet (from your stamp-a-majig) ever so slightly a little to the right and down. Line up your black positioner (from your stamp-a-majig) around your sheet then take your image sheet away. Finally stamp your image over the top of your white one with the darker coloured ink, but dont move your black positioning tool, ink up your stamp and stamp again. This really helps make your image 'POP'. Now if this seemed all a little too much, maybe you need to give me a call and I can come and demonstrate this easy technique to you or perhaps you would like to register for my classes or stamp club. Please send me an email at felic77@hotmail.com or call me on 0414 400 841 and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Here are some more pics.

2 comments:

Pauline Laing said...

Goodness that's nice! I think I'd better give it a try.

Pauline

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh ... wouldn't it be nice if you could come and show me your technique in person! But ... I guess I will have to settle with re-reading your post. I think I have got the idea! Eager to try it! Hugs xxx